Thursday, September 18, 2014

Stuffed Pepper

For stuffed peppers tonight I used:

1 cup 10minute Uncle Ben's Brown Rice
1 head of Asian Greens
8oz V8 low sodium vegetable juice
2 chicken sausage links
2 medium tomatoes
3 peppers
Shredded cheese blend, low fat


I started the water boiling for the peppers. While that was boiling, I cleaned and cut the pepper and greens. The greens taste like cabbage.  I also started the rice, which took 10 minutes.

When the large pot of water was boiling I added the greens' stems first, then the peppers (I cut those in half this time so they would fit in the pot). I brought that back to boiling then added the green leaves. After a minute or two I drained off the water and returned it to the large pot so I could add the diced tomato, rice and chicken sausage. Last time I made stuffed peppers, I thought it was dry, so this time I added the vegetable juice.  Seasoned with salt and ground peppercorn.

I scooped the filling into the pepper halves and arranged in a baking dish. I sprinkled cheese on top, covered and baked in the oven, convection setting, for 20minutes. It was heated through after 20minutes.

This took about 1.5 hours, cooking on my own. Not sure Bert would have saved me much time since there was time spent waiting for water to boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment