Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Beet hummus

First, the ratatouille is amazing. I just want to eat it all at once! I ate it for lunch today with a French roll, grilled chicken and an apple. I was hungry all afternoon, so maybe tomorrow I'll eat the lentils with my lunch too.

Tonight I made an easy omelet for supper and stirred in some ratatouille and parm cheese. So good!

With a full belly I made beet hummus.  I took out my Kitchen Aid Hand mixer. This was a gift from my aunt. I used it for the first time tonight, took off the plastic wrap and everything. The Kitchen Aid has more than one attachment, that's a plus! It was a little tiring to make hummus this way, by hand, but in all, probably easier than doing it with my bad food processor. I could also make it easier next time by cutting the beet pieces smaller I used this recipe:
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beet_hummus/

1/2 pound of beets is about 1 medium beet. I used all I had left, which was 1.5 beets (11ounces).  I added three TBS of Tahini sauce, 1/4 of fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, 1 TBS of zest and 1 TBS of cumin. It tastes okay. I think there is too much cumin, and probably needs more lemon juice, which I don't have. All in all, worth bringing to work for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment