Monday, September 8, 2014

My Hamilton Beach Blender and Food Processor

I looked into my issues with the Hamilton Beach processor and I found others with the EXACT same problem. First, I was complaining about the horrible job it does with purée with my friend and she said to me, "don't you have a special attachment for the food processor?" and I'm like, no. I just have the one blade in the food processor and then one blade for the blender." This got me thinking... did I leave the third blade somewhere??

I searched the web for a description of my food processor. I found images that I could match with a model number. I then matched the model number with items for sale on Amazon, and I found the exact same piece of equipment.  One of the reviewers specifically said, "the blade pushes the food to the side and cuts absolutely nothing.". OMG it is like she took the words right out of my mouth. Basically the reviews state that it is probably good at chopping ice. Nice. Well, I bought this thing so long ago, that I probably wasn't smart enough to search for reviews on-line before buying it.  The days before Amazon started selling stuff other than books or posting reviews of products (or at least before my awareness of these things.) I either received this as a gift (likely) or bought it myself, either senior year in college (maybe not) or my first year in Boston. I definitely remember making cucumber soup in the processor in my second apartment in Boston (2004).

My Aunt bought me a hand mixer, which has a specific chop/purée attachment, so I think I will try using this the next time I make purée beets.... for beet hummus or Baba ganoush.

No comments:

Post a Comment