Saturday, August 2, 2014

End of week inventory

We are going to have a surplus this week. We haven't cut into summer squash or eggplant yet.
Thursday I ate dinner out. Last night I steamed the green beans and served with leftover risotto and chicken. The green beans took less than 10 minutes I think. I put the everyday seasoning on top with lemon juice and a little butter. They were perfect.

Inventory
2 eggplant
4 summer squash/zucchini
3 small slices cantaloupe (this was very good!)
1 serving leftover beets
1 serving lettuce greens
1 jar of pickles
1 tomato

For lunch I will finish the lettuce and beets. My parents are visiting so I'll serve them a tomato with sandwiches, might as well eat up the cantaloupe too. The pickles will probably last another week or two, so I'll continue to work on those this week.

I have been packing the pickles in my lunch. I parse them out in the morning and sprinkle a little sugar on them. By lunch they are perfectly balanced and edible without choking on the acid. I'll be glad when this set is done! My mom promised to bring me the rest of the spices used in her recipe. She bought them in bulk for less than Stop n Shop sells them for two ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment