Thursday, August 7, 2014

Tofu stir fry

On Tuesday we made stir fry. Bert heated up some olive oil. I carefully cut the tofu into 40 squares, 5 squares x 4 squares x 2 squares. I tried to squeeze out as much moisture as possible, by laying the tofu block out on paper towels, and then drying it again when I made the first cut. Bert watched and turned the tofu in the large skillet. When they looked perfectly brown, he transferred the cubes to back to the cutting board, then started the vegetable stir fry. He used 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 onion, 1 large summer squash. We used Tj's Island Soyaki sauce for flavoring. Dinner was served over Uncle Ben's 10minute brown rice. 

Even though the crisp on the tofu was good, I am still not a fan... and neither is Bert. It is just too soft. I either need to give very firm tofu a try, or give up on this method of using tofu.

Wednesday we went to a shindig after work and didn't get home until 8:30 or so. Instead of eating leftovers we just had eggs and toast.

Tonight we ate the tofu leftovers. At least the tofu is more consistent tonight. Soft all the way through instead of having a crispy exterior. Leftover stir fry is not that great. Everything is mushy. Note to self: stir fry isn't hard. Just make it from scratch.

My composting pail arrives August 23rd! The business is so busy they couldn't get me a pail right away. Good news for them, unfortunate news for me. We need better composting options!

No comments:

Post a Comment