Thursday, August 14, 2014

Broccoli stir fry

Fresh broccoli is so good. I am not a huge fan of broccoli, especially raw and plain. I will eat it after it has marinated in a pasta salad and certainly after being steamed. Bert prepared our broccoli first by stir frying with pepper, onion and olive oil. As the vegetables got tender, he added chicken and then Island Soyaki Sauce. The final product was amazing. Broccoli has never tasted so good to me.

We prepared the other half of the head tonight in the same way. I defrosted some shrimp to change things up, so we had shrimp and chicken broccoli stir fry! I am so sad that the broccoli is all gone now.

I still have eggplant, one squash, 1/2 onion, a tomato, 2 cucumbers, some lettuce and kale. I have 3 meals left to finish them off! I think I will probably make pickles on Saturday.

The lettuce is holding up well in the cotton sacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment