Sunday, July 27, 2014

Eggplant and Cantaloupe!

I had to work today, so Bert picked up our box.

2 tomatoes
1 bunch kale
4 giant beets
2 Japanese eggplant
4 ears corn
3-4 cucumber
3-4 summer squash/ zucchini
1/2 pint blueberries
1 mini Cantaloupe
1 bag of green beans

For dinner we made Baked Risotto with Greens (Kale)
Recipe here: https://stillmansfarm.wordpress.com/
Although the recipe says "1 bunch of greens" my bunch was much bigger than the 4 cups suggested by the recipe. I realized that after I washed and chopped everything, so I put the rest of the kale in a plastic gallon bag for later. That will make prep easier next time!

Steamed corn for 2 minutes (maybe needed another minute.)

I also prepared roasted beets for my lunch. I made lentils with some kale pieces... and burned them.

The beets taste so good!

I think I'll bring the cucumbers to work. I certainly don't need any more pickles!

We finally tried the pickles tonight. They are okay. Kind of acidic. I think they would taste better with more sugar to balance the acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment