Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cucumbers to spare

This is the week of the cucumber. Maybe I will make some refrigerator pickles; however, Bert pointed out that the spices I need to buy are more expensive than a jar of pickles. I also don't know if I have many glass jars to put the pickles in. Maybe I'll throw out the old pickles in the fridge. I probably bought them for the 4th of July last year.

This week's box
2 yellow squash
1 zucchini
1 bunch arugula
1 head of leaf lettuce
1 bunch of beets
1 bunch kale
1/2 pint of blueberries
3 ears of corn
5-6 cucumbers

We made corn the first night. It was so good. We boiled the water, added the corn and took the ears out when the water returned to a boil. The corn was perfect.

We ate summer squash two nights in a row and kale tonight.

I've been taking lettuce/arugula blend to work every day with roasted beets, cucumber, and lentils.

I finished the berries with breakfast.

I have one small zucchini left, some beet greens, and 4 cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment