Monday, July 6, 2015

Cream cheese pin wheels

For a party yesterday I made Cream Cheese Pin Wheels. Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Party-Pinwheels/Detail.aspx?soid=recs_recipe_seed

I used reduced fat cream cheese, black beans (low sodium and rinsed) instead of olives, no extra cheddar cheese, 3/4 of a red bell pepper diced, 2 green onions diced, cleaned/washed pre-cut celery sticks that I diced, shredded carrots that I diced into smaller pieces, 6 -10inch whole wheat tortillas, and all else as described in the recipe.

I think they still were a little salty, maybe that comes from the ranch packet I used? Could probably use cream cheese mixed with just chives or cilantro next time. Maybe a little heat to add another layer of flavor. I would make these again and I received a few compliments at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment